Farm To School Education
Resources for Farm To School Education:
- Life Lab, a leader in garden-based education, based in Santa Cruz. Workshops, training, loads of online resources for teachers.
- Community Alliance with Family Farmers Farm to School Program. CAFF advocates for family farmer and sustainable agriculture. CAFF's F2S Programs connects farms with school cafeterias and classrooms.
- Center for Ecoliteracy's Big Ideas. This Center for Ecoliteracy--National Geographic partnership links food, culture, health, and the environment. K-12 concepts are linked to Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, College, Career and Civic Life Standards, National Health Education Standards, and California Nutrition Competencies.
- The Fencepost Blog from the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom. Resources, grant opportunities, and entries on what teachers are doing in the classroom. Check out the October 16-18 2014 California Agriculture in the Classroom Conference in Santa Cruz.
- Opening the World Through Nature Journaling: Integrating Art, Science & Language Arts by John Muir Laws et al. Free downloadable nature journaling curriculum.